One of the major goals of the vocational rehabilitation process is to assist the individual with a disability to enter or re-enter the workforce. Job placement is one of the methodologies utilized by vocational rehabilitation professionals to enhance the possibilities of success. This module will explore topics such as: determining the individual’s strengths and restrictions, matching the individual with community jobs, negotiating with employers, on-the-job monitoring, etc.
After successful completion of this session, students will be able to:
- Explain the difference between job placement and job development
- Determine the most salient source of occupational information
- Understand the sources of occupational information
- Utilize a variety of sources of labour information
- Carry out the steps of vocational planning
CEU HOURS: 7.5