The ultimate goal for the vocational rehabilitation professional is to assist his/her client to enter or re-enter the workforce. Vocational counselling is at the heart of what the VR professional undertakes with his/her client. This module will explore the various steps needed to provide the most effective counselling techniques and methodologies to enhance the individual’s chances of successfully becoming employed or re-employed.
At the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Understand various counselling approaches when working with individuals;
- Better understand how to apply these approaches in a vocational counselling setting;
- Recognize the different factors which contribute to success in the vocational counselling process;
- Gain insight in individual’s role in the vocational counselling process;
- Work effectively with families;
- Provide assistance in crisis situations;
CEU Hours: 8
There are no reviews yet.